Saturday 16 May 2009

on fashion hype

If I had the money, I think I'd probably like fashion more. If I weren't surrounded by what is basically, diluted fashion, everyday- I think I'd also probably like fashion more.




For the last few days I've had to walk around in a lurid pink T-shirt endorsing Matthew Williamson's new collection for H&M and yet I'm still asked 'Do you work here ... ??'. And they even wait for me to actually answer, despite having obviously clocked my haribo ensemble.
Anyway, so Matthew Williamson... I think I've always admired the red carpet pieces over the last few years, spread over many 'hot looks' pages in various fashion and gossip magazines. But H&M... really? I honestly think 90% of the womenswear at H&M is ugly and bland. And now H&M have probably paid Williamson a fortune for him to produce his 'trademark' styles and patterns and put them onto cheap material. But everyone has gone mad for it. Even that sweaty nylon material dress- however much deodorant you plaster onto yourself, with that nylon you WILL be the sweaty body odour lady for the latter part of the night.

However, having said this. The sweat could be well endured if you could pull it off like this.


(photo credit:
WENN.com)

Sigh.

-Jenny

No comments: