Saturday 2 May 2009

on cutting books

A few photos from my portfolio:







I think the fact that perhaps this project may have helped me gain admission to university is license enough to cut up literature, especially if it involves Richard Hammond's autobiography and that sequel to the 'Da Vinci Code'...
T
his on the other hand, I do feel a little guilty about.



It was a gothic German antique volume which I bought for a couple of Euros in Berlin last year. I reasoned that it was unlikely I'd ever read it (German GCSE is hardly adequate) and therefore the best use for it would be to make 'art' out of it. Carving a figure resembling a woman was stupidly mundane and a little cliche- I think I almost resent myself for it.

9 weeks left of work until I leave, the count is on.

-Jenny

1 comment:

Kerala Hindle said...

Jenny, I really really love these book cuttings. Have you heard of Su Blackwell? There's a link to her website on my blog's first entry. xxx